Sunday, August 29, 2010

TV 090: Shadow Of The Noose (Salva Me) - Isobel Buchanan


















Shadow Of The Noose was an enigmatic Edwardian courtroom series originally broadcast in 1989. I don't believe it has been seen since.

The theme tune was composed by Duncan "Travelling Man" Browne and sung by Isobel Buchanan. Pretty soothing stuff.

I hope you have enjoyed listening to these television themes.
We are now at the end of part three and will take a break.

The final run of themes will commence on 12 October.

Tune in then.

Comments and feedback are welcome.

Shadow Of The Noose (Salva Me)

5 comments:

The Hurdy Gurdy Man said...

Thanks

Never heard of this but a nice piece of music.

Thanks

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

Utterly stunning, and I'm linking this to another post elsewhere soon.

Thank you so much for providing the link to a proper version - my copy is almost worn out!

Unknown said...

I love the series very much.
The theme is with a sad tone but it does fit with the atmosphere

Unknown said...

I enjoy this series very much.
The theme music is a bit sad but it does fit with the atmosphere.
Jonathan Hyde is great.

Phil said...

I haven't heard this since Shadow Of The Noose was shown years ago. I remember writing to the BBC to ask about it and have longed to hear it since. Thank you for making it available on line. What a great site!